The decision to flash a ROM onto a Xiaomi device can be difficult. On the one hand, Xiaomi devices come with a pre-installed stock ROM that has been tested and optimized for the device. On the other hand, many users like to flash a custom ROM that offers a variety of features and customization options.
The most common method is to use Fastboot with the command fastboot oem lock or fastboot flashing lock. The quickest way to revert your phone back to its stock ROM is to restore your Nandroid backup. Assuming you have an up-to-date one available, this shouldn’t result in much—or any—data loss.
- Backing up the ROM/Firmware from within the OS make things more efficient and easily accessible.
- Finally, the best stock Android phone might stock firmware ROM be a phone you already have.
- Doing this will give you the necessary platform-tools folder.
- This is a consideration when developing an Android-based ROM for privacy and security-focused crowd.
- Thanks to Xda developer alibei, and the Lineage OS Team for this latest ROM.
Interestingly, the network connection and battery backup of this custom ROM is efficient, which are among the reasons many people prefer it. Techies have confirmed that this custom ROM delivers a smooth and seamless Android Pie experience on installed devices. The developers of this ROM are solidly behind it, providing constant updates to the OS for a better experience. Previously called CyanogenMod ROM and later renamed LineageOS, this is arguably the most popular custom ROM and comes with various features. This custom ROM works on a wide range of smartphones.
- Most ROM developers do accept bug reports and work on eliminating them.
- Read Me Once
- In such cases, you don’t have to flash the GApps file separately.
- Whether it is “PDA” or “AP” depends on the version of Odin that you used.
- Previously called CyanogenMod ROM and later renamed LineageOS, this is arguably the most popular custom ROM and comes with various features.
Taking a backup is easy once we have a custom recovery, but if the device is unrooted the process is not a straight road. However, by following this detailed guide you can take a backup of your mediatek powered device using this simple process. Well, upon successfully carrying out this task, you will get all the required partition files. So if any device partition gets corrupted, you could pick it up from the backup firmware and flash it via the tool or Fastboot Commands.
This is necessary as implementing such complicated flashing is risky and may increase the possibility of soft bricking your phone. Besides, I always recommend our all Android users make a complete backup of their custom/stock firmware before executing any flashing process. Backing up installed applications and their data could be easily carried over on rooted and non-rooted devices. Of course, the instructions for non-rooted users will work on any device. So, let’s begin on how to backup Android device’s apps and data.